About Us

Royal LePage Northern Advantage Brokerage has been operating as a real estate firm since 1979 and joined the Royal LePage network on June 1, 1998. Our agents strive to give buyers and sellers the best service in Sault Ste. Marie. Our office specializes in all facets of real estate including residential, waterfront, farms, acerage and hunting parcels, commercial and recreational. We have some of the most experienced agents in the city and can match an agent to your particular need.

The Royal LePage Northern Advantage Brokerage office is located in the downtown core of Sault Ste. Marie close to professional offices, Land Titles and the courthouse. Properties are advertised through the MLS system, monthly real estate guides and the daily newspaper, as well as on the internet.

Royal LePage Northern Advantage Brokerage takes pride in its commitment to maintaining the highest standards in dealing with the public and its peer group in Sault Ste. Marie. We combine old fashioned work ethics with the most modern workplace technology.

Royal LePage has been a provider of real estate services since 1913. Our name is recognized Canada-wide as a leader in the industries in which we operate. The Company has emerged from a three year restructuring program with a strong balance sheet and innovative programs.

It all started in 1913 with a man named Albert E. LePage, a Canadian.

Albert LePage revolutionized the real estate industry in the country by being the first agent in Toronto to turn buying and selling homes into an accessible and professional enterprise. He actively sought clients through follow-up inquiries, took buyers from house to house by car and used descriptive ads in newspapers -- all industry standards today. He was also instrumental in establishing the Toronto Real Estate Board which helped raise the standards of the industry. By the time he retired in 1953, Mr. LePage had moved the company beyond the residential market and into home building and the subdivision and sale of estates.

Albert E. LePage began with a vision of what a company with his name on the door (and the words 'For Sale' on a sign) should represent: impeccable professionalism, principled conduct and the highest moral and ethical standards. Today, more than 80 years later, these principles still guide us in everything we do.

Here, at a glance, is how we got where we are today:

1955 - 1960 commercial division developed
By 1967, A.E. LePage had expanded beyond Toronto and by 1970, beyond Ontario through a series of mergers and acquisitions
A series of purchases from 1970 to 1976 gave LePage a residential brokerage presence from British Columbia to Quebec
In 1974, the company moved into real estate development with the incorporation of Canlea Ltd.
In 1984, A.E. LePage and Royal Trust merged their real estate brokerage and fee business, naming the new company Royal LePage
In 1987 Royal LePage became a 54% owned division within the Trilon Financial Group
Today we are a privately owned company.
About our Future

Royal LePage is Canada’s fastest growing real estate franchisor with over 10,000 sales representatives and staff in more than 550 offices from coast-to-coast. Recognized as a North American industry leader in technology, Royal LePage is committed to providing its sales force with the tools and training they require to meet the needs of a changing consumer. As our industry continues to change, our commitment to our leadership role and investment in this future grows, and with it the success of our people.